Electronic Services Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Months Per Year: 12
Employment Status: Full-Time
University will be one of the most innovative and progressive Jesuit and Catholic
universities in the world, educating with excellence at the undergraduate,
graduate, and professional levels. We embrace an intersectional framework for
defining diversity in its broadest sense, including differences in gender,
gender identity, race, ethnicity, generational history, culture, socioeconomic
class, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status,
political perspectives, geographic origin and physical ability. Seattle
University strives to be a welcome, open and safe campus climate for all who
learn, live and work at Seattle University.
Seattle University has an exciting, dynamic
opportunity for an Electronic Services Manager in our School of Law Law Library.
The Electronic Services Manager will manage and support the law library digital and electronic
services including website, calendars, Digital Commons institutional
repository, LibGuides, online catalog interface, and database and ebook access.
In collaboration with relevant law school and main campus departments, evaluate
and implement new technology and electronic services for the law library.
Mentor and train law library staff in utilizing new technologies and provide
support as needed. Hire and supervise student workers. This position reports to the Director of the Law Library.
Seattle University School of Law educates
ethical lawyers who distinguish themselves through their outstanding professional
skills and their dedication to the law in the service of justice. Faculty,
students and staff form a vibrant, diverse, and collaborative community that
promotes leadership for a just and humane world. The Law School’s commitment to
academic distinction is grounded in its Jesuit Catholic tradition, one that
encourages open inquiry, thoughtful reflection and concern for personal growth.
Innovation, creativity and technological sophistication characterize our
rigorous educational program, which prepares lawyers for a wide range of
successful and rewarding careers in law, business and public service.
- Manage law library online content via TerminalFour CMS, Springshare and LibGuide applications.
- Administer and manage law school institutional repository on Digital Commons, including partnering with law school programs and departments to create new collections and maintain existing collections, create and oversee workflows, review data, provide quality control, and resolve technical issues. Scan, edit and process documents and photographs for digitization.
- Support Alma/Primo integrated library system.
- Administer Springshare applications. Facilitate system updates, resolve technical issues with vendor, and train users on platform.
- Update and maintain library research guides on LibGuides platform. Partner with librarians to create and refresh the content and design of library research guides.
- Troubleshoot database and ebook access and basic computer, printer, and workstation problems. Contact appropriate support as needed. Maintain database links and monitor access.
- Compile reports, analytics, database usage, and statistical data. Collaborate with library staff to gather library service data using data gathering and assessment tools.
- Update library hours in Alma, LibCal, Google, and other Calendars.Monitor study room availability.
- Hire, train, and manage students and interns for department.
- Other duties as assigned.
degree plus three (3) or more years of experience in a library.
- Experience with Springshare
applications, Google applications, Sharepoint, BePress Digital Commons and
Ex Libris’s Alma/Primo systems.
- Familiar with library information technology standards,
institutional repository systems, proxy servers, remote patron
authentication, and COUNTER usage statistics.
in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
(formatting complex documents, using tables of authority, styles/templates,
in training and presenting.
commitment to customer service.
and is successful at working alone, working as part of a team, and as a
to take initiative, organize, analyze, prioritize, problem-solve and exercise
sound judgment in complex situations.
written and verbal communication skills.
- All candidates must show a demonstrated commitment to diversity and the university’s mission, vision, and values.
- Desire and willingness to keep abreast of new technologies.
- Ability to troubleshoot computer hardware and software.
- Experience with social media.
Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm with two days per week remote to be determined.
Please attach a cover letter with your resume when applying. Job postings are open until filled, unless otherwise specified.
Benefits at a Glance
Consistent with its fundamental Jesuit values, Seattle University offers a wide range of benefits designed to care for the whole person. Choose from three different medical plans, a dental, and vision insurance programs. Protect your income with life, short & long-term disability coverage. Plan for your future with up to a 10% employer contribution
for retirement benefits, comprised of a 5% nonelective employer contribution
and an additional dollar-for-dollar match of your voluntary contributions up to
a maximum of 5%. You may also take advantage of 100% paid tuition benefits for the employee and dependents, a subsidized transportation benefit, a wellness program with free access to an onsite fitness facility, and a wide variety of campus events. Enjoy a generous holiday schedule, including a paid Holiday break closure in December, vacation and paid sick leave, and paid community service leave. For more information explore the Benefits website at: https://www.seattleu.edu/hr/benefits/